An interview can be an nerve racking prospect, but if you prepare and do some planning it will be less intimidating. Interviews can vary, some consist of 1 interview asking a number of questions, with 1 or more interviewers, whilst others can have a number of interviews prior to the selection process. Do not worry about the interview, it is an opportunity for you to showcase your skills and experience.
Always make eye contact with the interviewers and follow our tips:
Get to know the company
• Before the interview, gather as much information as you can about the company and role you are applying for.
• Use their social media and website. This will give you their values and history along with their past and present projects, this will enable you to engage with the interviewer about their business.
Do you know how to portray your skills in an interview?
• Know your cv and everything that’s on it, be prepared to elaborate on them.
One of the most common interview methods is the STAR technique:
• Situation – describe a situation you were in.
• Task – tell them what you decided to do.
• Action – describe what you actually did.
• Result – explain what happened as a result of your actions.
Know the job description so you can use the STAR to identify the skills the organisation is looking for.
• Be enthusiastic about your achievements.
• Never interrupt, wait for the interviewer to finish before your reply.
• Listen actively – there is always something more to learn about the organisation and on which you might capitalise.
• Never criticise former employers, it will show you as disloyal.
• Remember to be yourself whilst answering these questions as they are designed to identify the best match between an individual and the organisation.
• This will give you your final opportunity to sell yourself to the interviewer(s).
• Use this opportunity to find out more about the organisation, your prospective role in it, and the nature of the job.
• Make a note of your questions if you feel you might forget them.
• Interviewers need to convince you to join a company just as much as you need them to employ you.
Remember we are here to help! If you require further help and support please contact us.
Do you need our help?
You made my job search so easy, really pleased with my new role thanks a lot
Just wanted to say a huge thanks for getting me the job of my dreams, can’t recommend you highly enough
Thanks for the advice and help every step of the way, you’re a delight to your profession
Effective Service, we have used many companies in the past but this one is special, nice team, flexible, honest and above all they get the job done without fuss, highly recommended
This company represented us well and placed an invaluable person for our business
They understood our needs easily and were able to work hard to turn things around in time, I have placed them above all others