Your CV is the most import piece of documentation for advertising you as the best person for the role.
Your CV must be tailored to the role you want when applying for jobs, but there are steps to take when creating your CV to make it the greatest one in the list:
Building your great CV?
• Your CV should be, at first creation, quite generic to you and your skills and abilities. This must then be adapted for each individual role you apply for, based on the job description.
• It is imperative that you use the phone number and email address that you access most often. This will ensure you don’t miss that invitation to interview.
• Always put a brief summary of your experience and skills as the first entry on your CV giving specific examples from the job description for the role.
Skills and Experience
• Always include a skills and experience section and bullet point all your skills. The first set of skills must include those required for the role applying for, but also include all other skills you possess, to show what extra you can bring to this role.
• Then do the same with your experience, it is vital you show both your various skills and experience.
Personal Work History
• Always start with your most recent job.
• It’s important not to leave any gaps, if you’ve taken a work break or travelled, include it.
• If you’ve just graduated, highlight all the relevant skills gained on your course.
• Start with your highest qualifications, followed by all your others, including professional, training and industrial qualifications, but you must include the institution, course name and grade achieved.
• Albeit references are not usually included on CVs. There is no problem in either including them or saying they are available on request.
If you need any help or guidance on this, or anything else then please contact us, by either phone, email, etc.
Do you need our help?
You made my job search so easy, really pleased with my new role thanks a lot
Just wanted to say a huge thanks for getting me the job of my dreams, can’t recommend you highly enough
Thanks for the advice and help every step of the way, you’re a delight to your profession
Effective Service, we have used many companies in the past but this one is special, nice team, flexible, honest and above all they get the job done without fuss, highly recommended
This company represented us well and placed an invaluable person for our business
They understood our needs easily and were able to work hard to turn things around in time, I have placed them above all others